Should I Get a Lawyer for My Personal Injury Case in Los Angeles?
Why you shouldn't handle your Personal Injury claim on your own.
We get calls from people involved in all kinds of accidents on a daily basis. Inevitably, some will question whether they should get a lawyer for their Personal Injury claim. The answer is simple: you should get a lawyer for your Personal Injury case because they will pay for themselves in the value the add to your case, barring some extreme circumstances.. If you live in West side of Los Angeles, you should consider an experienced Santa Monica Personal Injury lawyer.
Many injury victims assume the law is straight forward, they weren’t at fault, and their case is worth what it is. Why share a portion of your settlement if you don’t need a Personal Injury lawyer?
The truth is, you should get a lawyer for your Personal Injury case because there are so many opportunities for an insurance company to take advantage of you and lower the value of your claim. They will ask you questions you don’t have to answer, but some that you do. They will offer to pay for some expenses, but later claim those expenses are unreasonable and unnecessary. The whole system is set up for your failure, and unless you have extensive experience in dealing with insurance companies, you will have an incredibly difficult time achieving a fair settlement.
10 Reasons Why You Should Get a Lawyer for Your Personal Injury Case.
- Experience Assessing Claims: An experienced Personal Injury attorney has likely handled thousands of claims, many of which are quite similar to yours. That means they are much more familiar with the process, likely hiccups, and the reasonable value of your injuries.
- No Fees if You Don’t Recover: It’s rare to be able to hire a lawyer without paying anything out of pocket. Personal Injury attorneys only charge their clients on a contingency basis. By having their interests tied to yours, your likely to recover more money than if you handled your claim on your own.
- Red Tape: Complicated legal procedures, confusing medical terms, and lots and lots of paperwork are common in Personal Injury cases. An experienced attorney can work through the maze of paperwork necessary to resolve your claim so that you can get on with your life.
- Legal Analysis: Some cases are more complicated than others. The insurance company may claim that you are partially, or completely at fault for the cause of your claim. An experienced Personal Injury attorney will help navigate the legal landscape.
- Objectivity: Anger, pain, frustration, and fear may impact your ability to see the facts clearly. An attorney can be more objective about your case than you and will not make a rash decision. For example, you may be tempted to go for a quick payout, but your attorney may advise you that it is in your best interests to wait for a more appropriate offer.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: Lengthy and complicated trials are not always necessary to resolve a case. An experienced attorney will know whether your case may be best worked out using alternative dispute resolution methods, such as mediation, thereby saving you time, money, and emotional energy.
- Experience Working With Other Lawyers: An experienced Personal Injury lawyer can deal most effectively and quickly with the other side’s attorney. This is particularly important during the fact-finding part of the litigation when parties are required to exchange facts and documents.
- Experience With Insurance Companies: Personal Injury lawyers are used to working with insurance companies and will not be confused by their tactics or feel pressured to settle for an unsatisfactory amount. Remember, an insurance company’s number one goal is to minimize how much you are paid in a settlement.
- Best Settlements: The large majority of Personal Injury cases are resolved by a negotiated settlement instead of trial. Generally, a settlement means the plaintiff (you) will give up the right to sue in exchange for a payment from the defendant or an insurance company. A Personal Injury attorney will negotiate a settlement on behalf of a client and try to resolve the case as early as possible. We will also make sure you are not agreeing to more than necessary in a settlement agreement.
- Best Jury Verdicts: If a trial is necessary, a Personal Injury lawyer can zealously represent you in court and work toward achieving the best possible jury verdict in your favor. He or she will develop a legal strategy designed to help get you any and all compensation available for your injuries.
Free case evaluation.
Speak with a top-rated Santa Monica Personal Injury lawyer today to understand your rights before they expire. Time is of the essence.